Protect Your Health with PrEP
As the world continues to face the HIV epidemic, taking preventative measures is more important than ever. One effective way to protect yourself from contracting HIV is through PrEP, or pre-exposure prophylaxis. If you live in South Los Angeles and are looking for accessible PrEP services, look no further than T.H.E. (To Help Everyone) Health and Wellness Centers.
To learn more, call 323-730-1920 ext. 3107 to speak with our PrEP Coordinator Susan Rouillon or send an email to her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did You Know?
- PrEP is preventive medication that can help you stay HIV negative. When taken as prescribed, PrEP is highly effective for preventing HIV.
- PrEP is covered under almost all health insurance plans. That means you can’t be charged for your PrEP medication or the clinic visits and lab tests you need to maintain your prescription.
- If you don’t have insurance or Medicaid coverage, there are other programs that provide PrEP for free or at a reduced cost.
At T.H.E., we are committed to providing comprehensive healthcare services to all members of our community, regardless of background or income level. Our PrEP services are designed to make it easy and affordable for you to take control of your sexual health.
What is PrEP, and how does it work?
PrEP is a medication that is taken daily to prevent HIV transmission. The medication works by blocking the virus from reproducing in the body. When taken as prescribed, PrEP has been shown to be up to 99% effective at preventing HIV transmission.
Who is a good candidate for PrEP?
PrEP is recommended for individuals who are at high risk of contracting HIV. This includes individuals who have unprotected sex, have multiple sexual partners, or inject drugs. If you are unsure whether you are a good candidate for PrEP, our healthcare providers can help you determine your level of risk and provide guidance on whether PrEP is right for you.
What can you expect from our PrEP services?
At T.H.E., we offer comprehensive PrEP services to help you stay healthy and protected. Our services include:
- PrEP counseling: Our healthcare providers will work with you to determine your level of risk and provide guidance on how to best protect yourself from HIV.
- PrEP medication: We will provide you with a prescription for PrEP medication, which you can pick up at a local pharmacy.
- Follow-up care: Our healthcare providers will follow up with you regularly to monitor your health and ensure that PrEP is working effectively.
- Support services: We offer a range of support services to help you manage your health, including counseling and referrals to other healthcare providers if needed.
Why choose us for your PrEP services?
At T.H.E., we provide high-quality, accessible healthcare services to all members of the community. We understand that navigating the healthcare system can be difficult, and we strive to make the process as easy and stress-free as possible. When you choose T.H.E. for PrEP services, you can expect:
- Compassionate, non-judgmental care: Our healthcare providers are committed to providing care that is free from judgment and stigma.
- Affordable care: We offer sliding-scale fees and accept most insurance plans to ensure that PrEP services are accessible to everyone.
- Culturally competent care: We understand the unique healthcare needs of our community and strive to provide care that is culturally competent and sensitive to your needs.
Take control of your sexual health today.
If you are interested in PrEP services, we encourage you to contact us today. Our healthcare providers are here to support you in taking control of your sexual health and staying protected from HIV. Together, we can work towards a healthier, more vibrant community.
Ask for extension 3107 when you call us at (323) 730-1920 and ask to speak with Susan or, if you prefer, send an email to her at email@example.com.
Weight Loss and Acupuncture
How It Can Help by Norah McIntire As an acupuncturist, I get a lot of questions about what types of health problems acupuncture can help. Probably the most frequent question people ask is whether or not acupuncture can help with weight loss. Weight loss was once...
T.H.E. is Ready to Provide #Health4All Kids!
Call us at (323) 730-1920 to learn more or get personal assistance enrolling your child in Medi-Cal for All Children. Under this new law, children under 19 years of age are eligible for full-scope Medi-Cal benefits regardless of immigration status, as long as they...
T.H.E. Health and Wellness Centers thanks LA Care Health awarding clinic
T.H.E. Health and Wellness Centers thanks LA Care Health for awarding our clinic the Robert E. Tranquada, M.D., Safety Net VIII Award. Funds will allow us to purchase much needed and accessible equipment for our patients, improve data analytics and ensure we retain...